Back to Event Calendar
Elliott's Chicken ChallengeJul 30, 2017 • All Day
2017 Elliott’s Chicken Challenge
Amateur Competition Details
Sunday July 30th 2017
Chicken Challenge RULES and DETAILS
- ‐ Teams consist of 2 contestants. We are accepting the first 12 Teams to Register & Pay Entry Fee.
- ‐ Each team will be provided use of a 10’x10’ space, a Traeger Grill, Pellets, Chicken, and “two” 9” x 9” foamboxes to turn in their entry. This event will be held rain or shine.
- ‐ Team will need to bring their own supplies such as: tent if wanted, utensils, seasonings, rubs, sauces, meatthermometers, chairs, prep table, cooler, etc. (no alcohol to be served or consumed during event).
- ‐ Team will be expected to abide by Health and Safety Regulations.
- ‐ Contestants must arrive by 7:30am on July 30th to check in and be assigned a blind check‐in number.
- ‐ TWO Challenges. Challenge #1) Provided Leg / Thigh combo’s can be started anytime after 8am and willbe required to be turned in for judging at 11:00am. Your Chicken Temp will be checked at 10:45pm and will need to be 165 or greater to be eligible to be judged. Leg/Thigh Combos can be whole or detached. Challenge #2) Provided Wings will be given at the 11:00 turn in and can be started thereafter. Wings for judging can be Whole OR Drumette and/or Flat/Wingette and are to be turned in for judging at 1:30pm.
- ‐ Event T‐Shirts will be provided to all Teams that enter. Trophies & Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- ‐ The provided Traeger Grills will be offered for sale at a discount to contestants first (in advance of event) and if any are available, to the public the day of the event.
Download Registration Form
View Full Rules